WWRD...

Last Sunday I went to church. The overall service was fine, but one part made me shake my head. At one point the pastor (youth) who was doing his sermon made an analogy using the head pastor. He said...

If Ryan (the head pastor) were to be the head of our religious beliefs, then we would read about Ryan. We would make WWRD bracelets to remind us to always do what Ryan does. We would search out everything that Ryan had ever said and then dissect it. We would follow Ryan, copy Ryan, and even sing songs about Ryan.

I realize that this sounds ridiculous. Because Ryan is Ryan. But for Jesus, this is exactly what we should be doing.

OK, now I realize the obvious flaws in style when it comes to making an analogy. But it seriously made me think how crazy we must look to a non-believing world. I'm not saying that's a bad thing at all. But I am saying that we must not roll our eyes to the doubters. We cannot question the questioners. This stuff is difficult to trust in...

No comments:

Post a Comment